CRYSTAL GEM JANUARY 2016 – KATHY – FRONT DESK
- How long have you been with us at Sparkling Hill?
I have been with Sparkling Hill for 2 years and 4 months.
- What do you like most about working for a Health and Wellness Resort?
I really like the people. Interacting and being able to help people, both guests and colleagues.
- What is your role and what does a typical day look like for you?
I am a Front Desk/Reservations Agent. A typical day in my role involves checking guests in and out of the resort, responding to guest inquires and providing concierge services in person, by telephone or by e-mail to guests, and organizing room drops.
- What is your favourite part of your job?
Interacting with our guests, especially our repeat guests. I often encounter guests who remember me from their previous visit and who ask for me by name!
- Describe something special that you have done to “wow” a guest/ make a guest’s day?
A couple of our guests were having car trouble prior to arrival and I was able to give them a complimentary upgrade to the best room in-house with a bottle of wine upon arrival. They were very delighted and were soon able to relax and unwind after a long day.
Life in General
- Where were you born and raised?
I was born and raised in Vernon, BC.
- What are you passionate about? What motivates you?
Being kind, doing my best and being the best that I can be.
- What do you enjoy doing most during your free time? What are you favourite hobbies?
I enjoy spending time with my friends and my family. I also enjoy crafts – knitting, crochet, and cross-stitch.
- What do you think is the best thing about living in the Okanagan?
The beauty of the natural surroundings – nature.
- How do you incorporate Health and Wellness into your life?
I try to eat healthy and exercise daily.